Ok, what I want to do here is post my observations of the night sky. My other hobby is photography and I do hike or at least try to every weekend. Walking in the mountains and canyons around Tucson allows me to see many wonderful things. I am not really setup to do any astrophotography but I can take pictures of the night sky and also of landscapes and other outdoor objects. If the sky is clear and most nights in Tucson AZ it is I will set up for either a short viewing or a long one if I can get one in.
All of my night sky viewing until recently had been through a Meade 4.5" f/8 reflector. I have now in my possession an older Celestron C8 Orange Tube with special coatings SCT on an Altazimuth mount with wedge. It has a 2" star diagonal, 40mm, 20mm 1.25" ep's and 26mm, 17mm .965 ep's with a 1.8x Barlow.
So this I think will be quite the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment