This time of year I always go to M42 aka Orions Nebula as very soon it will be gone from our sky to not return for many months. Used all the ep's and the barlow to look at the nebula, I can sit there for long periods of time just staring at this wonder of the skies. Next up was Saturn and this year is interesting as the rings are edge on to views from earth, once again I used all of the ep's and barlow.
So I wanted to add to my list of Messier Objects and went on a search and found the following globular clusters M3, M53, M5, M92 and M13. Used the different ep's but did not use the barlow as it is just too light limiting at least from here when going in tight to a globular cluster.
Now it was time to find some Galaxies. First up was M81 and M82, followed by M101 and finishing up with M51. Tried different mixes of the eyepieces but I am limited as to what I can resolve. Note to self, buy some more ep's lol.
As I was sitting out there in the dark minding my own business I had the pleasure of seven Javalena's running around and hanging out. They roamed all around me for a good two plus hours doing what Javalena's do. At first I was a little nervous but as the night went on I became less so. I will say that they are fast and in no way would I be able to out run one if I was being chased.
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment